Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Special credits

I'm grateful to many people for joining me when I'm "lost in space."
My top 10 funnest and fondest memories (cue your fav theme song):

10. Swapping codes and tips for that final level or quest in our latest computer game or science project (The young Mensa geeks)

9. Debating science fiction, fantasy and faith, discovering C.S. Lewis and Madeleine L'Engle, and obsessing over Risk 2210 (The leadership, worship and bible study crews)

8. Trekkie 101 - phasers, photon torpedos, mind melds and all (Live long and prosper, Jeff)

7. Staying up all night to watch Star Wars (again) and waking up early to catch the latest downloaded episode together (Meng, who like me, to our families' chagrin, doesn't need sleep when we've got sci-fi)

6. Discussing the puns, theories, spoilers and post-show reactions, esp. to Firefly, Stargate and BSG (There's lots of you - but special note to Josef, Mike, Vicente and the Gateworld fans)

5. Consistently producing and sharing delightful fan fiction that rivals the very best of canon (Minisinoo, Martha Wells, Domenika Marzione are a few I'd recommend)

4. Receiving an original copy of Battlestar Galactica's 2005 "For Your Emmy Consideration" submission - DVDs, suede cover, et al (Thanks for the insider and film updates, Saevar)

3. Introducing me to Firefly and getting tickets to the Boston special preview of Serenity surrounded by an electric Browncoat atmosphere with two Big Damn Heroes - Morena Baccarin and Sean Maher - in person (Can't stop the signal, eh, Jim?)

2. Being ok with Friday SciFi TV dinners or foregoing other activities to watch, record and recap each missed episode when I was without access or working overseas (Love you, hon)

1. For being my own Doctor Who - the one who first took me to space - and beyond (Love and miss you, bro)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jeff, you're the nuttiest Trekkie I know. What new Star Trek movie?

Yes, I get my Stargate fix 1-2 days late (downloading takes time). Bummed to hear about SG-1's cancellation though at least Atlantis will be around for one more year!

Tue Aug 22, 11:53:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home