Monday, August 21, 2006

Greetings wee earthlings!

I created this alternate space for all my science fiction and fantasy blogs as I've sorely missed my weekly SciFi network fixes and the Union Square corner comics store since we left this year. While iTunes is picking up some of my favourite shows and there's been the occasional rerun, I've had to resort to other ways to fill the void in solid programming this side of the pond....

Generally, I appreciate GOOD stories with compelling science, imagination, drama (angst!), mythology and characters. I love the genre's ability to occasionally laugh at itself though I do cringe at stories with gratuitous aliens, technobabble, plot devices and continuity/plot holes. Thus far, my current obsessions (i.e. in which I've converted family, friends and colleagues) include Battlestar Galactica and Stargate: Atlantis and SG-1.

I've also liked Firefly, Doctor Who, Star Wars (The Empire Strikes Back is the best), Star Trek (my introduction was via Alan Dean Foster's logs) and the Trigan Empire; and am always on the look out for good SF&F writers, be it JRR Tolkien, Piers Anthony (especially the Adept series), Neil Gaiman, Robert Jordan, or even JK Rowling. I also think one can never be too old for comics, and have indulged in most strips from Conan to Tintin to the X-Men.

Recommendations always welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home